Wednesday 27 May 2009

Wednesday Night Time Trial

Last night we went out for a practice run for tonights 10 mile time trial ,so at 6:00 this evening we cycled down to the meeting point in Dunchurch lycra clad and roaring to go. Fortunately, the rain held off and after sitting round for a while and finally g0t our bottoms moving, Sonny at 19 and me at 20 were ready to start.

The first 4.5 miles were going to be with an awful head wind so the plan of action was to pace it nicely and then hammer it home on the return leg - which involved two big hills but hopefully ok with the wind behind.

Cut a long story short Sonny came home in 29:19 (average of 20.5 mph) and I crossed the line in 24:49 (average of 24.2 mph). I'm over the moon with this as it's my pb and I didn't think I'd be able to break the 25 minute barrier just yet.

Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment